PPC advertisement i-e Pay per Click advertisement is a very simple strategy that could be used to enhance your business. In Pay per Click, ads appear on the top or on the right side of the page which contain search results. The best part of Pay per click advertisement is that the advertiser of the ad only pays when the ad is clicked by any web user. Despite of the simplicity of PPC advertising many people are reluctant to use it. To clear their minds from any doubt some advantages of PPC advertising are discussed below:
- Immediate Effect: It is a well known fact that PPC advertising is the best way to get traffic to your website. As soon as you launch you PPC advertising campaign, you get your ad on the top of the search engine with immediate effect. In SEO you have to wait for months to see the results.
- Customization and control: PPC advertising is highly customizable. You can change your targeted customers anytime. Moreover, if you want to run a PPC ad campaign for air conditioners than you can customize it in such a way that the ad will appear on the search result page only when there is summer season going on. You can also monitor, how is your PPC ad campaign is going on.
- Budget setting: To achieve your marketing goals you can set the budget of PPC advertising according to your need. You can manage your cost of PPC advertising on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.
- Possibility of getting visitors without paying: As mentioned earlier, in PPC advertising you only pay when web users click on the ad. If a web user sees your ad on the page he will get some idea about your website. If a web user clicks on the ad and he likes your website then there is possibility that he will bookmark your website and can also send the link to his friend hence increasing number of visitors without paying anything.
- Targeting: Pay per click advertising can also be named as targeted advertising. This is because you can target different group of web users on the basis of their country, region or continent. You can also target them on the basis of language, age, sex and many other options.
- Equal chance of Success: PPC advertising provides all types of businesses an equal opportunity to flourish and generate profit. Scale of business is not a problem with PPC ads. Even if you own small scale business and you choose PPC advertising then there are chances that you generate so much profit that your small scale business becomes large scale business.
Everything in this world has disadvantages along with advantages. Some of the disadvantages of Pay Per Click advertising are discussed below:
- False Clicks: it is a major disadvantage of PPC ads. The owner of websites offering PPC ads hires people to make false clicks on the ads to get more amount from their clients. Whenever a click is made on the ad, the advertiser has to pay for that click.
- Bid price: If you want a popular keyword to be related to your ad then bidding takes place. There is so much competition in the web that to get that keyword the bid price goes very high and instead of making profit from these ads you may go into a loss. So choosing the keyword and then bidding on it is a very critical task and should be done wisely.