1. Google Authorship is rising in importance
2. Brands are realizing the necessity of social media, as it plays a major role in website traffic referrals and content dissemination
3. “Content marketing” is beginning to replace the term “SEO”
4. Guest blogging has been redefined
In short, ‘bad’ guest blogging means doing so solely as a means of getting links; ‘good’ guest blogging means contributing excellent content to build your audience and reputation.
5. SEO is becoming more expensive as it becomes more difficult to get inbound links and create link-worthy content
6. In-house SEOs are becoming coordinators for actual fulfillment work
While in the past, SEOs would typically write and optimize content and build relationships with other site owners for link building purposes, these roles are now being outsourced to agencies who have built existing relationships with high-quality publishers and blogs. SEO professionals themselves are becoming project managers, coordinating responsibilities, assigning them, and assessing and repairing on-site optimization problems.
7. As competition for online visibility rises across all industries, the demand for SEO services is increasing
► Receive a FREE daily summary of The Marketing Technology Alert directly to your inbox. To subscribe, please go to http://ineomarketing.com/About_The_MAR_Sub.html (your privacy is protected).